The Buyers/Sellers Meeting on Pharmaceuticals & Related Industries
Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
2-3 November 2017
A study on the Export Opportunities between the Arab and African Regions, commissioned by the Arab Africa Trade Bridges (AATB) Program, has highlighted the Pharmaceutical Sector as one of the sectors that can generate Trade & Investment Opportunities between both regions. For this purpose, and during the AATB Program Launching event organized on 22-23 February 2017 in Morocco, ITFC has signed a MoU with the Islamic Center for the Development of Trade (ICDT), the Ministry of Trade, Handicrafts and Promotion of SMEs and the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene of Côte D'Ivoire to organize a B2B on Pharmaceutical Products in Abidjan, Côte D'Ivoire, in November 2017.
This meeting shall bridge the gap between business persons and concerned officials from both regions and provide trade and investment opportunities between the Arab and African countries.
Trade Opportunities: The Arab Pharmaceutical producers will liaise and establish business contacts with the importers and national pharmacies in the African Member Countries
Investment Opportunities: It is expected that with an extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical markets and opportunities in Africa, Arab companies would be encouraged to invest in the African Countries to cover their medicines needs.
The Buyers/Sellers Meeting targets enterprises engaged in exporting, importing and manufacturing medical and pharmaceutical products. This includes:
- Chemical compounds & raw material
- Medicines of all types
- Vaccines, solutions, serums, etc.
- Stimulators, diagnostics & blood test
- Laboratory and sterilization equipment
- Dental products compounds accessories
- Medical equipment, appliances & instruments
- Artificial body parts, aids & appliances
- Surgical equipment
- Disposable items (gauze, gloves, bandages, syringes, etc)
- Packaging material (glass, paper, carton, etc)
- Pharmaceutical supplements
- Medicinal herbal products
- Cosmetic medical products
- Vet medicaments & vaccines
- Vet instruments & equipment
Participants in the meeting shall include different parties of the commercial transactions between the importers and exporters.
- Importers and exporters, manufacturers and professional associations engaged in the field of targeted sectors
- Professional associations related to the mentioned targeted sectors
- Ministries of Health, including the procurement departments and public hospitals
- Export Development Centers and International Trade Points, Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- Banks and financial institutions operating in the field of finance and export credit